Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Movie Review-- Kings


Kings

Genre: Action/ drama

Summary: A modern rendition of the story of David.

My Grade:


Pros:
  • Creative modernizations- Goliath tank, etc
  • Quite intriguing in modern terms
  • Good acting, at least by "David" and "Saul"
Cons:

The many ways Hollywood must ruin it-
  • Language
  • The spiritual, the will of God, is just a character quality, not the plot line
  • A homosexual Jonathan?
  • Interesting, but I wouldn't call it good- I'm not sure the modernization does anything for the story.

1 comment:

Jessi said...

We've been watching it and are having fun picking out what things are real, creative interpretations, and false. I was enjoying how there was no sex until last week's episode! I do wish that the will of God was more than a character quality, but I guess Hollywood thinks it wouldn't make a good show then.