Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Book Report-- Don't Waste Your Life


Don't Waste Your Life M
by John Piper

Non-fiction

A second-time reading definitely paid off. I read this my senior in high school and it was instrumental in deciding on a college/career path (that is ironically not yet clear...).

Though it holds no inherent spiritual value, perhaps the greatest aspect of this book is its length, or lack thereof. That so much can be said without endeavoring on a 400 page journey is greatly profitable.

Regarding the content, however, I was able to glean much more than at first. I realized that to do so I must carefully attempt to duplicate his train of thought in my own words- I recommend this strategy.

I truly enjoyed understanding better how spending my life being satisfied in God and spending my life pursuing the most happiness are the same thing. His explanation of Scripture and of God has helped me to battle my own understanding of what my life should be like.

No comments: